Sunday 11 August 2013

Happy and crossing everything that this feeling lasts

I was going to write a blog post about the crap stuff which happened last week. The reappearance of a bill which I thought was sorted, the panic attack which followed (worst one ever), the tears and the insomnia.....I really was. But y'know what, I'm actually feeling happy for once, and so I'm not going to write that blog post. If you want to know the details then just ask, and I'll fill you in.. but for now I want to celebrate the good things which have happened to me....

First of all my cousin got married on Friday. The whole day was just fantastic. I had the best time and it was so fabulous to celebrate with her, and her fiance (well, hubbie now), and the families... She looked beautiful, her groom looked handsome, and the guests had a fine old time.... They were married outside, and it was the first time I'd been to a wedding where the ceremony was outside. The weather stayed dry (same can't be said for some peoples eyes, I may have had a small tear) and it was just so special. The reception was held in the grounds of a school, next to an old castle, and was in a teepee style tent:








I got to see my Nan's cousin, David, who came over Canada. He is very special to all of us, and it's always lovely to see him. All in all, it was just about the perfect day and I'm so glad I got to celebrate with them....

Of course as the wedding was up in the midlands, I had to go and stay with my parents, and that was fab as well. It's always nice to go and spend time with them. This time mum and I sorted out their wedding photos into an album. They've just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary so I guess it was time for that to be done ;) I loved seeing the pictures of them, Dad with his amazing 70s haircut, and mum in her wedding dress. Not to mention pictures of my grandparents, three of whom have since passed away. Then we found some pics of me and my brother, when we were little. So funny.. Will be scanning them in over the next few days for your entertainment. The journey back wasn't too bad either, although I do believe I may have fallen asleep and snored...oops...


I've also reconnected with people who I'd lost touch with, and who I'd missed having in my life. I'm very lucky to have so many great people in my life. I'm just trying, now, to enjoy the moment, not to worry that this feeling won't last, to know that I will cope, and to relish the fact that I've gone through one of the worst anxiety attacks, but have come out the other side, and I've confronted the issues, not ignored them.

So, I'm smiling today. I hope it continues. It's nice to feel happy. I know I have my tribunal this week, which makes this feeling of happiness extra special, because for once mind over matter, and focusing on the good, is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment