Monday 21 May 2012

Welcome to my blog....


It's intended to be part diary/part incentive for me as I begin the countdown to taking part in the Great Manchester Run in 2013. At this moment in time I am very over-weight. This means that not only do I pretty much hate my body but I'm suffering from related health issues as well (osteo-arthritus for one). For years I've intended to do something about it but, even when I've succeeded (lost nearly 100lbs a few years ago, yes it's all back on again), I've eventually given up. Not this time. So, what's changed? Well several things. Firstly, I got to know about Jack Marshall (www.jacksfund.co.uk), a very brave little boy who sadly passed away from a brain tumour last October. Jack inspires me in so many ways. Even when he was having chemo he smiled, and he was running as well..bit of a difference to lazy ol' me... Secondly, I'm fed up of being a fatty. I hate the fear that people despise me because of it, I hate the lack of fitness and most especially I hate the restraints it places on me. Finally, I don't want A to be ashamed of me. He's at that age where things like this matter, and as his mum I don't want to make life any harder for him.


So yesterday, having seen so many of my friends in JacksArmy walk/run the Great Manchester Run, I thought - next year I'll be there. I'd already started cycling regularly and have been eating healthily for a couple of weeks now, as well as signing up for the Race for Life in July (and hopefully the 5k Great South Run in October). I am so determined not to give up this time. Hence the blog. Not only will it be a record for me but it will ensure that as, hopefully, people will follow me I won't give up even when I'm tempted to.


Don't worry, this isn't going to be some boring log of all my worthy exercise/food related issues...After all life is about more than that...so I'll talk about my life, the history MA, progress on applying for the PhD, life as a single mother, even my beloved cats....
I hope you enjoy it,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment