Saturday 11 August 2012

A very good day :)

Last night I was feeling low....tonight, I'm feeling happier than I have done for a long time. What a difference 24 hours can make.....

I slept ok, which considering that I was in A's bed (he was at his Dads), was a miracle...even when Purdy cat decided that 6:30am was a great time to wake me up, I still managed to get back to sleep.. When I finally woke up at 9am, I didn't feel too bad..... We had a lazy start to the day, which included a sulk from A, but I was able to handle it. Mainly because C was there and she stood up for me, backed me up and generally helped defuse my bad feeling, if not A's temper tantrum.....

We had decided to take the kids across to the IOW for the day, and to go on the hovercraft. I was kinda excited, as I've never been on one before.... We had a bit of a wait before the craft arrived, during which time the kids alternated between watching it come across the Solent, and moaning that they were bored...lol....

 

Once onboard, we found that sadly air conditioning was not a feature of this craft and it was very warm....However, starting up and moving in one of these things is pretty cool....you kinda rise up, and swing round and off you go...weird weird feeling but fun..... The Solent was a bit choppy and sadly A felt the effect of that - he got very pale and quiet and it took a lot of effort to get him to cope with that, and not to throw up. To be fair to him, it was nausea inducing, as we bounced along the waves...needless to say he was pretty relieved when we arrived in Ryde and he could get off. The fresh air helped massively. The weather was lovely, although it was windy the wind was warm and so we didn't feel chilly at all.... We decided to get some lunch, and this is a part I'm quite proud of....Most of the shops/cafes in Ryde are situation up along a steep hill, rising from the promenade...last year I would have struggled to walk up it, in fact a few months ago I would have struggled...but today, I made it without really noticing....I was shocked and very pleased. I really expected to struggle, for my knee to hurt, to be out of breath, for all of that to happen...but none of it did and I was so so pleased...


It doesn't look too steep in the pic, but trust me when you're walking up - it's steep...lol... Anyway, after that we found a lovely cafe and had a really nice lunch (bacon, egg and chips? yes please)....Then we decided to go and sit on the beach for the rest of the afternoon....we walked down and to the left as you look at the picture above, and found a quiet beach with some concrete steps/shelves which we could sit on. C decided to go for a walk, so I sat and watched the kids play in the sea....


It was so warm, we were sheltered from the wind and although there were other people around, and they were a bit noisy, it was still nice...people were friendly and watching out for others.  A and the other two were (apparently) attempting to dig to China..they didn't get too far but they did get a bit cold....I loved that it didn't take too long for them to warm up again. When C came back, I took A and went for a walk along the shoreline, as the tide was coming in....the sea was lovely and warm and we had a really nice talk, during which he (spontaneously) told me that he loved me...something he's not said for ages...so that was lovely and made the day really special....such a small thing, but it means a lot... 


You may have noticed that we had ICE CREAM...om nom nom.....oh yes..... Treat number one (food related) of the day....it was delicious, although it did melt all over my hand which necessitated a visit to the worlds stinkiest toilets so that I could wash my hands....but anyway, what's a trip to the seaside without an ice cream?? Lol..... Then A decided to climb a tree, and do his monkey impression


He did have fun...and it was good to see him enjoying himself as he should, and not having a temper tantrum.... 

By the time we got on the hovercraft to go home, we were exhausted.....the crossing back to Portsmouth was much rougher than the one coming over, and I did feel quite unwell...luckily I had C there to distract me with her weirdness....oh joy...lol..... At one point I thought that the craft was going to go airborne and land on Southsea Common..... However we didn't, we made it the conventional way and managed to walk to the bus and then on home....where we promptly collapsed on the sofa, exhausted....

The evening has been spent watching the Olympics - seeing Mo Farrah winning his second Gold, Tom Daley winning Bronze, as well as some spectacular diving.....oh and also, eating some yummy chocolate cake (my second food related treat of the day)... The kids are now, finally, in bed although not asleep....and C and I are watching telly and deciding whether or not to eat the last of the chocolate cake (you so know we're going to)....

Today has been a good day. There were moments when A had tantrums and was rude, but they passed and with C here to help me out they weren't as bad as they could have been. I've been feeling happy, and it's lasted longer than it has for some time now....I'm exhausted, and I want the kids to go to sleep, but overall I'm ok...and that's more than I hoped for at this time yesterday.....

Tomorrow is a day off, no outings, just chilling at home, watching the last day of the Olympics and the closing ceremony....fingers crossed that I get a lie in...now that would be a treat :D



No comments:

Post a Comment