Wednesday 29 August 2012

Good friends, good times

Sorry for the gap between posts, I've been busy enjoying myself.... I know, I know, how could I etc. etc.... Well you know it's a tough job, but someone has to do it....

In all seriousness, the last few days have been lovely.... A went to his dad's on Sunday, which meant that I could finally tidy the house and have it stay clean...not that I did...tidy the house I mean....well, that would have involved doing work and it was a bank holiday...as I told my mum earlier, I'm pretty sure that there's a law which says that doing housework on a bank holiday is not allowed...lol.... So Monday was spent watching it rain (again, there's a law that it has to rain on a bank holiday), and reading....the cats and I spent a nice, lazy day enjoying bank holiday telly and generally being sedentary....ahhh bliss.. ;-)

However yesterday, I was up and raring to go,...despite having only had 5 hours sleep - just one of those nights when even though I was tired, I just couldn't sleep... Anyway, lazy morning (are you noticing the theme here? Lol)...but then in the afternoon I headed off to Southampton to see my lovely friend R and her girls, as well as G (who, like R and I, is a member of Jack's Army).. I love going to R's house...I feel so at home there, always have done, right from the first time I walked in there. I can just relax, and chill out, with fab company...it's brilliant....oh, and they have a cat (black tom cat who is so friendly and gorgeous, so I don't miss my li'l ones too much).... After a lovely home-made lasagne, we sat and watched The Lovely Bones and History Boys... Never seen The LB before, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would....yes it's weird, but it's actually kinda lovely...not going to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but I did nearly cry (would have, if I'd watched it on my own), and I'd watch it again.... The HB I loved, despite only half watching it, due to chatting....am def going to get my own copy... It was just so nice to be spending time with friends, catching up...in fact R and I were sat catching up till 1:30am...oops..... did I mention the lack of sleep the night before? Yeah, so that happened again ;-) But it was worth it...so nice to just be able to talk and work through things....

So, this morning I was up and ready to leave by 9am and as a treat I allowed myself a bacon roll from the cafe at Southampton station....and in related news, for the first time in a LONG time, when the server made small talk, I didn't clam up, I chatted with him....and considering it was a him, that was doubly amazing....woohoo... I did feel good... may seem like a small thing, but up till now, making small talk with strangers has been hugely scary and problematic...so I'm pleased.... My next stop was to meet K, who was my politics tutor when I did the Access course (5 years since I started that, wow)....we've stayed in tough, and she's starting the MA soon - my influence... mwahahahahahahaha... (that was an evil laugh, by the way)... It's always good to see her, and especially today, as it was a long overdue catch up..... So, by the time I actually made it home, it was nearly 1:30pm....

The cats were, of course, ecstatic to see me...although I fear that really they just thought I was going to feed them - I'd left them a bowl of tinned food (all gone) and a huge bowl of dried food (hardly touched) so I felt ok in ignoring their greedy pleas....they soon calmed down.... and I spent a pleasant afternoon carrying out a detailed, two hour long inspection of the insides of my eyelids....I'm happy to report that there are no holes in said eyelids...which is nice :D

One mammoth, 90 min phone call with my mum this evening and I was all caught up with things....ahhh I love talking to my mum....all in all, it's been a good couple of days.... I'm feeling relaxed...finally.... Tomorrow I'm heading to J's to see her and the family - again, a long overdue catch up...and then A will be home on Friday. He goes back to school next Tuesday, so I'm hoping the weather will be nice, so that we can fit in another bike ride or two before then....

I'm trying not to worry too much about him going back to school, because, well, there's no point. I'm going to try to ring his head of year, and will email her if I can't get hold of her, to make sure that the issue over the removal of his support can and will be rectified....As I said to my mum, I'm going to be a squeaky wheel re this whole business....going to make a fuss (politely) and not go away until it's sorted...so the next couple of week will probably see my phone bill going up...but it has to be done... Fingers crossed, the school will realise that it needs to be sorted, and will do so with the minimum of fuss...

I was pleasantly surprised when R told me that I'd clearly lost weight, that it was noticeable....this is good, because I know I've come close to snacking too much recently... I'm making a real effort to stay away from the fridge and to be strong, drinking water, having an apple instead...but I've developed a craving for strawberry hubba-bubba gum - not sure how good for me that is, but the taste helps me forget eating a snack, at night.... will have to monitor that tho.....

Right, I need to stop typing now....the cats are glaring at me - not food this time, they want fussing....I must go and attend to them...lol.... :D

2 comments:

  1. Really great to read that you've had such a positive few days. Well done with the whole small talk thing too - onwards and upwards! X

    ReplyDelete