Monday 6 August 2012

Weekend Catch up........................

So.....this weekend has been spent relaxing, whilst also trying to sort out what happens next. It has been mostly positive....

Saturday saw A's dad come over, they did some work on the car before heading off for some quality time together and when A returned he was very much relaxed and a lot calmer. In the evening we watched the Olympics - and what an amazing evening it was....I really enjoyed watching A cheering the GB athletes on, and seeing joy when Jess Ennis, Mo Farrah and Greg Rutherford won GOLD..... As I write this, he is watching the athletics, qualifying races, and is getting really involved in each race. I love seeing that joy on his face, and his enjoyment.....it means so much to me, and as I said to a friend the other day, I'm really taking pleasure in the small things at the moment......

I also managed a chat with my mum, and she arrives later on today.....to say I'm relieved would be an understatement. Although I also feel very guilty. She is so busy, has so much to do. My dad has just come back from a week away, and now she's going away....so they haven't exactly seen each other very much recently - and I'm not helping....So guilt is definitely a factor, but I'm so relieved and pleased...I need her here, I need someone to back me up, I need my mum (doesn't matter how old you are, that is always true I think)..... Then my friend (as close as a sister) comes down on Friday, and I'm really looking forward to that as well....can't wait to see her, and my god-daughters.....We back each other up with the children, and that extra support is so so necessary right now...

Yesterday turned out to be a really good day.... I'd not planned anything, but received a text from R (the friend who I stayed with a few weeks ago) asking if she and her girls could come over that afternoon....of course I said yes.....and what a brilliant time it was. It was amazing to see A so happy, and laughing, and genuinely happy - not grumpy, down, sad, rude, angry, etc. Yes, he was still very hyper and at times it was too much, but at least it was a 'good' hyper. He, and the girls, were in hysterics much of the time, and R and I just couldn't help joining in. I'm so grateful for amazing friends who take us as we are, and who come over and spend time with us....who don't raise an eyebrow over A's behaviour and who are there for us..  You know who you are, and there are no words enough to thank you....and that goes for those who support us over the 'net. You don't have to be here physically to make a difference, and trust me, you do....

Right, I need to go and sort some stuff out before mum gets here and A is nagging to go on my laptop...so I must go... I will be back, at some point....

Thank you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment