Saturday 23 June 2012

Lazy day.....a really, really lazy day 

I've been really exhausted today. All that hard cycling yesterday definitely had an effect - I didn't ache as much as I thought I would (enough to notice though) but I was tired to the bone....Even having a lovely lie in until 10:30am didn't help, neither did going for a walk. By 3pm I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I gave in and had a lovely nap....now it's 9pm and I'm tired again. Mind you I did have a disturbed night last night, as not only did I have a bad dream but Purdy cat decided that 3am was the perfect time for me to wake up and play with her - when I didn't agree she spent the next 15 minutes alternating between 'batting' me on the face with her paw and sitting on my head....she repeated this at 5am as well.....it's a good job I love her...

In between Purdy's attentions I had a very unsettling dream, one which I've had before (or at least a variation of it) which has left me feeling jittery. I can't remember all of it, but what I do remember has an edge of menace to it which is probably why I feel so weirded out by it. Anyway, one good thing about having a nap this afternoon is that I had a bog standard, totally insane, dream which has left me puzzling over just why I'd dream about running in the Olympics.....answers on a postcard please (and no, I didn't win, an elderly lady did....see, I told you it was mad...lol)

I did make a total muppeT of myself today tho...I found a pair of leggings which I'd not worn for a while (long enough to forget why I don't wear them) and decided that as I was having a lazy day, I'd wear them.....which was fine, until I went for a walk....at which point I discovered just why I'd not worn them for while - they fall down! It's a good job I was wearing a tunic-style top which was long because otherwise I'd have been flashing my knickers to those lucky people on London Road.... The thing is, when you're out in public you can't just hoick the leggings up, because that would look so ridiculous and may lead to inadvertent flashing, so you have to subtly pull them up...which probably still looks ridiculous but has the advantage of not involving flashing people.... Sadly this subtle adjustment is short lived, which means it has to be done repeatedly.... Needless to say my walk was curtailed and I returned home, where I can, ahem, adjust myself to my hearts content....and where I'm sat down so much that I don't actually need to.... I will learn my lesson from this - there's *always* a reason why I don't wear items of clothing anymore (mind you that just prompts the question of why I've kept these items if I don't wear them.....I think it's a girl thing...lol)

Anyway, it's been nice to relax today but I'm planning on doing some more reading for Uni tomorrow.... A is at his dads this weekend so it's quiet......but that's no guarantee that I'll get work done...lol

Right, am off to watch the rest of Spain v France...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment