Tuesday 12 June 2012

Overload...overload....

I've just told my brother to indulge in a whisky before he goes to bed...if I liked the stuff I might have prescribed myself some. Ah well, a painkiller and a glass of water will have the same effect...I hope...

I'm really struggling to be positive today. I know why this is happening (and once again, for the record, being female is horrid sometimes) but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I also made the mistake of not taking myself out for a walk, and no fresh air has left me tired and headache-y. I didn't get to see J today as her daughter was poorly so I thought I'd be good and crack on with some work. But even though I read two articles, taking notes along the way, and have written up a very basic PhD proposal, I'm still feeling as though I've not achieved anything. I think the problem is that until this proposal is done, I'm having to go between two massively important pieces of work, and no matter which one I work on, I always feel as though I've neglected the other one. Unfortunately as I haven't mastered the art of writing two bits of work at once, I'm kinda stuck.. Ideas on a postcard please.... Mind you, spending an hour working on this blog earlier probably hasn't helped - oops... I've redesigned it, as you can see... Let me know what you think - I'm finding it hard to judge whether or not the text is easy to read or not....

I'm also getting to the point where I'm fed up of being hungry and it's getting harder and harder not to give in and snack. I'm eating enough, it's just that my body has finally realised that the days of grazing on chocolate are over and it's protesting...loudly...and all the time...I refer you to my 'being female' comment above for another reason why this is so tough right now...ladies, you know what I'm talking about.... *sigh* Finally, I've been feeling under the weather for a few days now, and it's not getting better...I'm conflicted because part of me just wants to collapse into bed and sleep it off, whilst the other part of me knows that I'm not ill enough to do that and that I just need to get on with it. Nerves about tomorrow's trip to London aren't helping much. All in all, I'm a grumpy mess tonight.. Aren't you glad you're not with me.. ;-)

I know that I will feel better soon, and I'll read this post and curl up with embarrassment...but right now it's helping to write things down...so there future me, deal with it ;-)

I'm going to have a very early night tonight...It's going to be a long day tomorrow and I just want to be rested. I've packed a bag, and I'm hoping I've not forgotten anything vital....Just need to remember to make my packed lunch tomorrow (it's like going on a school trip)... I'm excited about going to London, I do love visiting the place but I couldn't live there... I'm nervous about the archives though, I've heard that they eat Uni research students...lol... If I don't post tomorrow, send a search party to the National Archives at Kew... ;-)

Right, enough of my babbling for tonight... I need to take this grumpy body to bed, and get some sleep... Thanks for reading, it really does help - because when I'm able to write down what's getting to me, then it doesn't seem so bad...and I know I can cope.... 

Sleep tight munchkins :)

My boy modelling his new glasses - looking smooth A, looking smooth ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment