Friday 1 June 2012

Yippeeeeee it's FRIDAY!!!!!! (and half term......)


It has been a long, emotional week...one of the toughest for a long time....but equally I've been reminded that I'm so very fortunate in have so many wonderful friends and family...the support that A and I have received has made a huge difference...thank you all :)

On the bullying front things are at a bit of a standstill now. I spoke to A's head of year and explained how unhappy A's Dad and I were with the punishment and even more so that it had been reduced, due to a teacher's error. She promised that I would be getting a phone call from the teacher involved and that I could speak to the head about his decision to only suspend the child for 2 days for what is effectively assault... I haven't heard a peep yet, and now it's half term so I guess I'll be on the phone at 8:00am on Monday 11th June...be warned school, very cross mum heading your way!!!

However, it is half term now and that means lots of sleep and meeting up with friends.... Tomorrow we're going over to J's house and I'm hoping that the rain doesn't turn up because I want to get in the paddling pool - watch out kids.....lol...then on Monday it's time to meet up with R and her daughters - we met them through the Jack Marshall Brain Tumour Fund - they are also in Jack's Army and they're lovely.... one of the girls is A's birthday twin, which he is thrilled about...and I'm looking forward to going to the Black Tie ball in September with them.. (Speaking of the ball, there will be an amazing auction lot - a signed David Beckham England shirt...needless to say A has already requested that I save my pennies and bid for it...somehow I think that it will go for more pennies than I will have but it's for an amazing cause so it's all good....) Right, where was I, oh yes...so on Wednesday we're meeting up with a friend who was an undergrad with me, and who's now got a teaching job back home - so going to miss her but immensely proud of her..... Finally on Friday I get to catch up with K, who was my tutor when I did the Access course in 2007/08... As you can tell I'm really looking forward to this week...

I had to take my bike in to be fixed today, since it broke on Wednesday I've really missed it - surprising how quickly I've come to rely on it for getting around and I'm quite cross that I may have to *gasp* use the bus to get to J's tomorrow.... lol.... I'm still managing to keep up on the diet, which is a minor miracle considering the week we've had. I'm enjoying feeling fitter, and I think I'm slimmer as well.... all of which helps me to carry on, because it's obviously harder when you feel like nothing is changing.

I've really enjoyed today, sitting listening to A chatting to our next door neighbour's grand-son - who absolutely loves him.... There's something very lovely about hearing children playing and chatting together, and I love seeing A being so caring of younger children... It's a reminder that for all the angst and hurt, he's still a good kid and hopefully the effects of the bullying will not be long-lasting...I'd be naive to expect it not to affect him but my concern is mitigated by seeing him with his friends...especially when he forgets that I'm there....

Overall the mood is positive tonight...long may it continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment