Saturday 30 June 2012

It's a nice day for a white wedding..............

Today has been a lovely day.... A and I went to my cousin's wedding, and we had a lovely time.... Was just a pity that we had to leave early and miss the speeches.... I can't believe that Matt, who's nappy I changed (I remember him being born), is now married...makes me feel very old... Kate looked gorgeous....her dress was stunning and I don't think either of them stopped smiling all day..... I particularly loved the way they high-fived each other after signing the register, and the DVD they'd put together to play at the end of the service. So much thought had gone into the wedding, but most of all it was clear to see just how happy they are together. I'm so pleased for them both....

The happy couple :)

It was kinda bittersweet sitting and listening to them make their vows, and to the sermon as well - made me remember when I married A's dad, how hopeful we'd been...yes, it made me sad to think about how it hadn't worked out and there's definitely a lot of regret there... 

The day itself was lovely, I got to see my cousins and to catch up with what's going on with them. We see each other every Christmas, so today was a nice bonus.. My mum has two brothers, and a sister - although sadly my Aunt passed away in 2001 - and I have 7 cousins on that side....I'm the second oldest, and Matt (who married today) is the second youngest...his brother Tim is the youngest... I remember my Uncle John marrying Sheila (Matt and Tim's parents), I was about 10 then I think...now Matt is married...time passes so fast...

Whilst we were waiting for the happy couple to have all their pictures taken, they had kindly provided cupcakes....all I can say is YUM YUM YUM.... they were delicious, and best of all some of them had purple icing....



I only had one cake though, and was very restrained, despite being encouraged to have another.....mind you, this was my pudding............

Belgian Choc and Caramel - millionaires shortbread

So I had some treats today, but I've been so good recently....mind you looking at the pictures of me today I still look ENORMOUS!!!!! Even though people say they can see a difference.....I'm just hoping that the old saying that the camera adds lb's is true....plus I realise that this is a long process. I was able to wear a skirt today which hadn't fitted me before, so I know that I'm losing weight and I just have to keep believing and continue the diet and exercise....

I'm totally shattered now, today was exhausting even though it was so much fun.... I've come home, got my pj's on and am watching Murray play at Wimbledon...a nice way to relax as I'm happy if he wins but not too fussed if he doesn't.....

Hope you've all had a lovely Saturday :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment