Tuesday 24 July 2012

The sun has got its hat on, hip hip hip hooray...............

ooooh yes, it appears that summer has finally decided to turn up...and for once, it's just as the kids break up for the holidays..... needless to say, A is chuffed to bits and I'm hardly seeing him during the day as he heads off to play with his friends... 

By the way, apologies for not blogging yesterday, for some reason I forgot.... 

I had to go and sign on yesterday, and I took in a copy of my appeal form and statement, because even thought I've already sent them off, I don't have much faith that they will make it to the correct place - the DWP have form for losing important documents...lol... So anyway, I was fortunate enough to see one of the nicer advisers, who I've seen before. He asked if he could read my statement, and was impressed with it - told me it was eloquent and articulate.. He also sympathised, whilst making no promises about the outcome (which was all I wanted from the original adviser, the one who was such a bitch - and the fact that he did this, means that if she tries to defend herself by saying that she just doing her job, then I can prove that she's talking out of her ass...because if he can sympathise without promising an outcome, then so can she...). He was very understanding about how upsetting it was, and didn't seem to be surprised that I'd been treated like that, and he also didn't say that no-one there would have behaved like that. So, we'll see what happens....

The rest of the day was spent doing housework, and then having a sneaky nap on the sofa.... A stayed at a friends house, which meant the house was quiet, and I did miss him..... 

So today I had to go to Waterlooville, to the library - I hadn't been for a while, and had some books to pick up. It was so so hot, and crowded... I was glad to get home to be honest, especially as both the buses seemed to have the heating on...not quite sure why but there we go.....

In fact, really, it's been a mundane few days....Sorry...kinda boring for you all to read... I have a meeting about my PhD proposal tomorrow, so that may provide some more interesting news but right now, it's all boring...which, to be honest, is good...for me... I've been doing housework, laundry and uni work, making plans to see friends and lazing on the sofa reading... 

Actually, it's not that simple, whilst the activities may be mundane, I'm still struggling inside...It's so weird, I should be happy and mostly I am happy but there's a bit of me that is still stressed, anxious, worried, unhappy, a mixture of all of them really....it's there, nagging away. I try to ignore it, to focus on the good things and on the fact that I'm enjoying certain things...but it's still there... I said to a friend yesterday that I can feel the beginnings of the urge to hide away, and it's so tempting to give in. I won't, at least not completely because I'm seeing people throughout this week, but I will relish the fact that my research means working alone. So yes, I'm weird. What can I say? I'm happy being with people I know and like/love, and I'm happy talking over the internet to people, but going out into normal everyday situations is just not my cup of tea right now. I cope, but it's hard. I'm waiting to hear from Talking Change. I know from another friend who's had contact with them, that they're are very good and I've got high hopes that they'll help me and I'll be able to be normal again.

Right, A is home now and I need to go and tease him or something....ohh maybe I'll upload the picture I took of him asleep the other day...or maybe I won't, he's just told me that I can't because that would be mean...hmmm...ok then....

Enjoy the sunshine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment